Lee, 90, was admitted to Singapore General Hospital on Sunday with fever and a bad cough, and is currently on antibiotics, according to the e-mailed statement today. He will miss a Chinese New Year dinner in his constituency scheduled for this evening, according to the statement.
“He has been advised by his doctors to avoid public appearances,” according to the statement.
The father of current Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was hospitalized for two days in February 2013 for a condition with stroke-like symptoms linked to a prolonged irregular heartbeat. He was hospitalized in September 2010 for a chest infection and had a pacemaker implanted in 2008 after suffering from an irregular heartbeat. Full story
- Singapore’s Lee Kuan Yew hospitalised - The Malaysian Insider
- Singapore's founding father Lee Kuan Yew hospitalised - The Financial Express
- Singapore's former PM Lee Kuan Yew in hospital recovering from infection - Xinhua News
- Singapore’s Lee Kuan Yew hospitalized with fever - GMA News Online
- Singapore's Lee Kuan Yew hospitalised with fever - Reuters