A Maid in Singapore - Sally Lopez

ABS-CBNnews.com, 4 Feb 2012
I first decided to work abroad in 2007 after the elderly woman I had been employed to care for in Marikina, passed away. Considering that wages for caregivers are much greater overseas, I decided to apply for a job abroad.
That December, just a month after I applied, I was lucky enough to gain employment in Singapore.
Despite only working two months for my first employer, I already faced many difficulties. Although I was employed as a caregiver for an elderly woman, I was also expected to undertake the roles of a maid and a cook, not only for her but also for the 3 families who lived in the adjoining condominium units, which are owned by my employer. This meant that I had to cook 3 meals for 15 people daily, in addition to my other household chores. Full story