OPINION: 46th Years of National Service Sacrifices Scuttled by a 12 Years National Service Disruption

Singapore Social and Political Thoughts, 2 Aug 2011
I as a NS man cannot understand my own stupidity to give my time and responsibilities to SAF when I was active. I should learn from the rest to "eat snakes" or "chow geng" during my time in SAF. My time spent in NS was utterly a waste of time and I realised that we who served had been protecting the foreigners working in Singapore and taking away jobs from us at the same time.....
After reading about Dr Tony Tan's son's 12 years disruption, I cannot imagine the feeling of being cheated especially those NSFs who tried very hard to disrupt during NS and Mindef said cannot and yet a 12 years disruption was possible if someone was a big shot's son.... After NS, cannot disrupt, lagged 2 years behind their peers who need not do NS, yet found that jobs are given to foreigners simply because their wages requirement is lower. Full story