Letter: Don't drag Singapore Malays into Malaysian politics

Free Malaysia Today, 5 May 2010
From Edison Rowan Lee, via e-mail
I refer to the article by Kee Thuan Chye on 'What the Chinese want'. I'm a Singapore-born and most of my relatives reside in Malaysia.
While the elections in Malaysia has nothing to do with me, I'm constantly infuriated by Malaysians dragging in "innocent parties" - specifically Singaporean Malays into the picture.
First it was the BTN, and now the by-elections see the comparison between Malaysian Malays and Singaporean Malays. No doubt I'm Chinese and it is an absolute insult to my Muslim friends.
I have got plenty of Malay friends since my former school is situated close to the causeway. Making Malaysian or Malay friends is not uncommon. Even my neighbours are ex-Malaysian Malays.
It is shameful for Malaysia to consistently target Singaporean Malays when Malaysian politics hardly matter to them. This alone points show who is the actual divisive party.
BN-Umno should stop making Malaysia's problems, Singapore's problems.
Link