Customers complain about StreetDeal Singapore ‘trap’

Yahoo! News Singapore, 16 Apr 2013
Over 200 customers of StreetDeal Singapore, a website selling deal vouchers for consumer goods and services, have complained on the company’s Facebook page that they had unwittingly been charged on their credit cards with premium membership of at least $99 annually.
Many of the complaining customers claimed they had been tricked into paying for the membership due to the way information was presented on the site.
On the Facebook page for the deal "40% off Boyfriend's Shirt Ladies Sleepwear (20 Designs)”, a Katherine Chen commented, "I tried to make a false buy and I see that the price is always defaulted to premium price! You have to be careful and manually select the non-premium price. Cheap trick. I want my 9.90 back and I will gladly pay u that 10% discount back!!" Full story