Starhub Allegedly Tracks Visitors To It's Shop without Their Knowledge

Hardwarezone Forum, 4 Nov 2013
I was at Vivocity and visited StarHub customer service centre there with my partner for matters pertaining to her mobile account with StarHub. During the whole duration there, it was my partner who provided her particulars and her NRIC for required service assistance to StarHub staffs, including taking a queue number. At no point in time did I nor my partner provide my particulars nor contact number to anyone. And I am not using a StarHub mobile line.
Not too long after we left the StarHub customer service centre, I received two (2) consecutive SMS from what appears to be originated from StarHub (denoted with the ) and mobile number +65 9024 5870 (as shown in the screenshot below).


Full story