Heng Swee Keat expresses his gratitude to Lee Kuan Yew on his 90th birthday celebration


The Malaysian Insider, 17 Sep 2013
The first time I met Lee Kuan Yew in person was in March 1997, when he interviewed me for the job of Principal Private Secretary (PPS). His questions were fast and sharp. Every reply drew even more probing questions.
At the end of it, he said: “Brush up your Mandarin and report in three months. We have an important project with China.”
I realized later that, among other things, it was perhaps when I replied “I don’t know” to one or two questions that I made an impression. With Lee, it is all right if you do not know something. But you do not pretend and lie if you do not know. Integrity is everything. Full story

Related:
  1. Standing ovation in Parliament for Lee Kuan Yew on his 90th birthday - Yahoo! News Singapore
  2. Singapore's founding father Lee turns 90 - Couriermail.com.au