2012: The Year Of Sex Scandals In Singapore

Malaysiandigest.com, 31 Dec 2012
SINGAPORE: 2012 has been a year of sex scandals in Singapore.
In April, 44 men were charged with having sex with the same underage girl.
The number of men implicated in the online vice ring case swelled to 51 after some time.
Outside of courts, the state of affairs was equally dramatic.
An apology came because of the indiscretion of the former Speaker of Parliament, Michael Palmer.
Mr Palmer's year-long affair with People Association's (PA) Laura Ong led to his resignation.
He said: "I have resigned to take full responsibility for a grave mistake that I have committed. I had a relationship with a member of the PA staff working in Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC. While the individual did not work with me directly, Punggol East used to be part of the GRC and continues to work with it. My conduct was improper and it was a serious error of judgment. I have resigned in order to avoid further embarrassment to the PAP and Parliament." Full story