Tsunami fear recedes in India after massive 8.7 quake hits off Indonesia

Hindustan Times, 11 Apr 2012
The Indonesia's president said on Wednesday there was no immediate threat of a tsunami from an 8.6-magnitude earthquake that struck off Sumatra island.
Indonesia has issued its own tsunami warning and an Indian Ocean-wide alert was also issued after the quake, but President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said there was no immediate threat. "So far, there is no tsunami threat," he said on national television.
In India too the National Disaster Management Authority said there was no likelihood of tsunami being formed anywhere in the Indian Ocean. Full story

Related:
No sign of major tsunami after Indonesian quake - The Globe and Mail
No Sign Of Major Tsunami After Indonesian Quake - NPR.org
Indonesia earthquake: Tsunami virtually ruled out, but all precautions being taken, says govt - NDTV