PM Lee: I intend to call for a by-election in Hougang SMC

Yahoo! Singapore News, 9 Mar 2012
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will call for by-elections in Hougang.
This is PM Lee's full reply in Parliament to PAP MP Christopher de Souza's question on a by-election in Hougang:
The Hougang Single Member Constituency (SMC) seat is vacant after the Workers' Party expelled Mr Yaw Shin Leong, following several weeks of media reports on Mr Yaw's personal indiscretions. I intend to call a by-election in Hougang to fill this vacancy. However, I have not yet decided on the timing of the by-election. In deciding on the timing, I will take into account all relevant factors, including the well being of Hougang residents, issues on the national agenda, as well as the international backdrop which affects our prosperity and security. Full story

Related:
PM Lee: "I intend to call a by-election" - inSing.com