Tan Cheng Bock "disappointed" that some are afraid to support him


inSing.com, 24 Aug 2011
Presidential candidate Tan Cheng Bock said he was disappointed that some of his former People's Action Party fellow members and those working in the government or government-linked companies were afraid to support him in his presidential bid.
He was responding to questions on his comment that there was a "fear of the consequences of standing up for one's beliefs" in the online edition of a Channel NewsAsia programme, "Meet the Candidates", which was aired on Tuesday.
He said: "I found that many of them said, 'Doc, I really want to support you but I dare not', because they're afraid they'll lose their jobs, they will be penalised. So to me, I was very sad when I heard this, because why should you be afraid?" Full story