Singapore stops chicken man staging anti-KFC protest

MSN Philippines News, 10 Jun 2010
A US animal-rights activist said he was prevented by police Thursday from staging a one-man protest in a chicken suit at a KFC outlet in Singapore.
Edward Basse, a Manila-based campaigner for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), said he was whisked away in a police car after he arrived by taxi outside the restaurant in a working-class district.
"I am now in my hotel room. I am under functional house arrest. I will stay in my hotel room under police surveillance until I leave tomorrow," 24-year-old Basse told AFP by telephone. Full Story

Related:
Singapore chickens out on protest - News24.com
Singapore squashes PETA chicken protest at KFC - eTaiwan News
Singapore squashes PETA chicken protest at KFC - BusinessWeek
Singapore squashes PETA chicken protest at KFC - MSN Money